Tuesday, October 01, 2013

OH BABY: DO YOURSELF A FAVOR

Growing a human is hard work. It's an exciting and amazing miracle, but it's no easy task! I've begun to develop a whole new respect and awe for mothers. I think one of the weirdest parts about pregnancy so far is watching my body morph into something completely different. At first it was subtle. A little pooch, a tiny tummy. It was easy to hide and clothe. Then one day I woke up and little Soren was taking over! I have definitely stood in front of the mirror naked and thought...holy cow, Moses! Mind you, I'm only 22 weeks into this pregnancy adventure. What is it they say? The best is yet to come?? Haha. No, I really am excited and having a lot of fun, it has just been so odd/awesome/awkward/amazing experiencing this for the first time. And at the end of all of this, I can't wait to meet my little man, pat his little behind, and sing him to sleep. :)

Along with the quirks of pregnancy, one thing I've really started to notice in the second trimester is difficulty getting cozy. I think one of the most important things during this time is getting good sleep and getting comfortable. Some nights are hard and others are glorious, but I'm serious here...I've LOVED having a pregnancy pillow. I think it's probably one of my favorite "pregnancy survival items". The one I have pictured above is from Bump Nest. It comes in cute patterns, which is a huge perk, and is super soft, an even bigger perk. ;) I've loved cuddling up with it at night and I know it will be super helpful while nursing little Soren in the early hours of the morning. I tend to be an all over sleeper. I love sleeping on my back, stomach and sides so it was a little tricky getting myself to just be on my side, but having a cozy pillow like this was a good way to support myself at night and make it more comfortable to stay on my side. I kinda just want to wrap this massive pillow around my neck like a scarf and take it with me everywhere. Let's be real,  I'm willing to sacrifice a lot at this moment for comfort. ;) 

What are some of your top pregnancy must-haves?? I'll be sharing a full list of my 2nd trimester must-haves soon!! :) 

Pillow courtesy of Bump Next, get $10 off your purchase and FREE shipping by using the code MAIEDAETEN at checkout. Get cozy, people! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment