Thursday, September 05, 2013

LOVING MY HOME: WITH GINA TOWSON

Living on an island covered with mossy live oaks has its ups and downs. The best part is it is absolutely lovely all year around. The worst part is everything is shaded. On a hot summer day that can even be a plus but when it comes time to taking photos indoors, it is a pain. It took me a while, but I finally found the one window in my house that has the perfect light and it is in my dining room. This space immediately became my favorite. I love this spot because it's peaceful, lovely, and, best of all, it's light. I found myself migrating from my office to work from this bright room and now take almost every photo in front of that window.


To take advantage of this lovely space, I propped my favorite table and chairs right up to the window and use it for work, eating dinner, and like I mentioned earlier, staging photos. Aside from the light, what makes the room is the table. We found this beauty hidden away in my husband's grandparents' shed. It had been there since the 60's and was perfectly aged and ready for our little home. It turns out it was his great-grandmother's table, so we love even more having a piece of furniture with a story. It really is one of my favorite all-time finds. All it needed was a mix of modern chairs and a lovely vintage map to add that pop of color. The perfect space to sit with a cup of tea and spend a day editing photos, reading a book, or writing the blog.

Find Gina here: blog // instagram // facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment