Thursday, March 14, 2013

IN THE NEWS: LET'S BE FRIENDS

It's official. Google is saying goodbye to Google Reader. You can read about it here. To be honest, I've never been much of a Google Reader user myself, I started using Bloglovin' a couple years ago to follow my favorite blogs and haven't turned back. If you're looking for alternatives to Reader for your blog or to follow your favorite blogs, might I suggest setting up a Bloglovin' account? It has a simple and clean interface, it's easy to organize all of your favorite blogs, easy to like your favorite posts and explore new bloggers. I also love the app design for the iphone and tablet.


I realize that you can use Google Reader for more than just following blogs so another great site to check out is Feedly. They also have a stunning interface that has a great editorial feel. You can follow blogs, sites and anything you love, PLUS you can also catagorize it. I think I'll be using both from here on out. :)

Be sure to change your subscriptions over by July 1st! AND you can follow my blog on Bloglovin' here!

9 comments:

  1. I already follow your blog on Bloglovin and I agree whole-heartedly about how easy and great it is! The best thing is the categories!! I feel like I can never miss of post of my truly favorite blogs because it's all right there and I don't have to glance through a reading list and hope I catch a post! =) Bye Google Reader, sorry to say I won't miss you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Google Reader, this is so sad. I've loved having everything right there when I login to blogger, but this will definitely help me to actually take the time to switch everything over to Bloglovin and really start exploring the site!

    Chelsea @ How I Dwell Now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I transferred you from my Reader over to Bloglovin'. I'm sad to see it go because I use it every day, but I'm grateful to have Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i need to read into this reader thing. I don't think i've got to grips with it yet.
    This post has definitely got me thinking, thanks!

    -Jade
    gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing picture! And great post:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous15.3.13

    I was so confused when the icon popped up yesterday announcing Google Reader's closure."What am I going to do?" is what I thought. I think Bloglovin is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder: does it affect our blogger's dashboard?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made the jump to bloglovin' I like the ability to organize all my blogs into categories but I'm not crazy about the iphone/ipad app:/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm form Basque Country and I read your blog from months ago!I like so much!
    To read the blogs I use bloglines.com from years ago, and I think is a good web to follow blogs, flickrs,web updates... and you can see the updates from that page, you don't need to go to the blogs page.
    Sorry for my english!
    Bye

    ReplyDelete