Wednesday, November 21, 2012

SNAPSHOTS: BLOGSHOP ATLANTA

Last weekend I got the opportunity to intern with Bri and Angela at their Atlanta Blogshop. It was such an exciting time to help prepare everything beforehand, arrive early in the morning to help set up before the students got there, and assist throughout the weekend. Just to go off on a quick tangent: Bri and Angela have got it going on. It was such an inspiration to see them in their element and hear about their experiences and passions.


On Saturday morning, I got to Big Studio and met up with some amazingly talented folks who helped put the entire event together. There was "cute Bobby" as he was later nicknamed, who ran the studio and helped us out with our many requests. There was also the seriously talented florist//designer, Tami, who put together all of the floral arrangements. I also got to meet local blogger, Anna, who runs In Honor of Design. She put together the decorations for the room and was adorable beyond words. :) I think one of my favorite parts about the whole experience was having the opportunity to meet other creative people in the area. Atlanta is such a small blogging ground, so meeting fellow bloggers is so special.

During Blogshop, I also got to work with Gina. She was also interning and we worked closely together over the two days. We put together swag bags, helped set-up, assisted students with their Photoshop questions, and helped however we could. I immediately connected with Gina when I realized our similar passions for blogging, photography, health, and StrengthsFinder. She and her husband reside in Saint Simons Island, run a photography business, have a bee hive, and keep chickens. I love it! I hope we can cross paths again in the near future. In the meantime, I'll be musing over her blog, Hello There Home. :)


We got the opportunity to spend more time with Angela and Bri over dinner. I loved hearing about their careers, lives, and getting to know such a creative and boss group of women. I loved my experience there and I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to meet new people, show people around Photoshop, and learn new things. If you are a blogger looking to learn Photoshop to better your blog, I highly recommend taking Blogshop. Seriously.

Jenny and I talked after my experience there and decided that we wanted to invest in attending their Blogshop Video class dedicated to teaching how to shoot and edit video for your blog. We booked our tickets and are going to LA in January! We might even be taking a detour to visit our best friend in Pasadena AND go to Disney...maybe. ;)

PS - We took some way fun Smilebooth pictures that I'll have to share later. ;) 



12 comments:

  1. What a lovely brick building! That must have been so much fun..you're lucky, I wish I could meet some other bloggers in person, it'd be a refreshing change from only seeing the pixelated versions of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like it was so much fun. I wish there was something like this in my town! I don't have a laptop though...hehe, just my huge desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a blast. You look beautifuuuul, hun. :)

    xo, Adriana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous21.11.12

    Oh, I'd love to go to an event like this! I'm just a couple of hours west, in Birmingham. What are the chances?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had her long blond hair! I am in love with it!


    http://owleyevintage.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/OwlEyeVintage

    ReplyDelete
  6. love!

    Valentina
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. lucky girls! hope I ever have the chance to join! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, good for you! what a fun experience. so glad you enjoyed it, and learned something! :) i bet it was so fun meeting bri emery in real life.

    xox, amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very awesome! Wishing I could be a part of it, instead, I will live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing opportunity! I love the work that Bri and Angela do. Such talented, creative ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have such great photos from the workshop! I've been dying to take one of their blogshop classes...just need to purchase myself a new laptop first...

    ReplyDelete